Thursday, February 08, 2007

My latest ornies




These cute little snowmen are from "The Cross Stitcher" December 2004. Four of them are stitched on 14 count cornflower blue Aida and 2 are stitched on 14 count Delft blue Aida. I did not have enough fabric to stitch them all on one and the intention is to give them away as Christmas gifts so I was okay with them not all being on the same colour. The only things I changed are the colour of the berries on the wreath which were supposed to be lemon yellow (DMC 307), but that did not appeal to me so I switched them to DMC E321 and I added snowflakes to all of them. The original pattern only called for the snowflake to be stitched in DMC 932 on the snowman in the middle of the top row, but it snowed here last weekend while I was backstitching these cuties and I decided to stitch snowflakes on all of them with DMC E3747 to give the snowflakes some shine.
I must say that it is a great inspiration to see all of the ornaments being done. There are so many cool patterns that I now have my eye out for to do myself! Keep up the great work! All the stitchers of the world unite!

9 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, cute ;)

Anonymous said...

So, how does one join this group? You may be just the motivation I need to actually stitch ornaments before December! :o)

Nicki said...

They look great! I love the extra snowflakes :)

Chelle said...

They are all so cute! I love the changes you made.

Karin said...

They're very cute - I love the extra snowflakes too.

Anonymous said...

These are SO cute!! I love the changes you made, especially the little snowflakes. Too cute!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great batch of ornies!

Dianne said...

So nicely stitched and they make me want to smile. : )