I will share that I am not happy with this almost finish. The JN models were stitched in silks but offered a DMC conversion which is what I used. But, this is stitched on 32ct Flax Belfast with two strands and the 2 strands of DMC seemed fairly bulky. Today I pulled Needlepoint Inc silks from a DMC to NPI conversion I found and I will try them on the Day 2 design (in February) and then decide which way the rest will be stitched.
I did receive the Prairie Schooler leaflet I was waiting for, it's from an eBay auction because it is an out of print chart, book no. 20 called St. Nicholas. I even made a small start on one of these which will be the set I do for my DS. I am stitching over one on 18ct Khaki Davosa as recommended so these will be about 3" x 2 1/2", which I will finish into little hanging pillows as they are shown.
I have loved seeing what everyone else is stitching and they are all lovely even if I haven't had time to comment on them all. This SAL really helped me to stay focused on the goal and stitch only on my ornament during this weekend. So thanks and Happy Stitching, CJ