Monday, June 11, 2007

My April and May Ornies

I've stitched ornaments on the SAL weekends in both April and May but I haven't had time to post them. I'm using motifs from Rosewood Manor's Red Threads Chart using 28 count white opalescent fabric and Waterlilies in Holiday.
April's ornie is to the left and
May's ornie is to the right. With a newborn in the house, I can only manage to stitch one tiny ornament each month, but I don't really mind (the snuggle time is well worth it). I will be stitching from this chart for the next few SAL's.


I think they look festive. I'll finish them as tiny pillow ornies (they are less than two inches in size) and either bead or use ribbon for the edges. If I do them again, I may play around with where the color changes occur, but for now, the randomness suits me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always a question about what to do with highly variegated thread that you can't really use on a general pattern. I really like what you did here. You certainly don't need to make it more "planned". I really like them both.

Karin said...

I love the effect that these threads have! Great job stitching them.

Karen said...

They look lovely, I look forward to seeing the others, they'll make an impressive set.