Sunday, December 16, 2007

gifts for the kids




Here are the three ornaments I've stitched for the kids for little surprise gifts. I'm going to make them a special ornament each Christmas from now on, as I also do for their wonderful Daddy.

Normally, I avoid aida but I just loved this deep, rich Victorian red. All three are stitched in either DMC or another colorfast floss for washability. ;) The talented designers are, from top to bottom: "Christmas Partridge" by Stacy Nash Primitives (Rowen's ornie), "Dash Away All" by The Sampler Girl (Max's ornie), and "Christmas Bear" by Beth Hendzlik (Nicky's ornie). Other than Rowen's ornament, I used my own choice of colors rather than those suggested, and made various other little changes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just lovely... and what a great tradition to start.