Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ornament for our New Home

JCS 2007 Ornament Issue - Deck the Halls by Julia Lucas Designs
stitched over 2 on 32 ct. fabric with DMC and specialty threads

I know - it barely looks like the version in the magazine, which is very nice, but I really wanted to personalize this piece for my husband and I since we bought our first home in June.

The most obvious change is changing the door from green to red. I also added a brass kickplate and house numbers and left off the wreath treasure. Oh, and the bushes are a little bigger because I screwed up a little and started them higher than they should have been, so I had to make some adjustments. And while I was at it, I changed the Welcome to our name (blurred for privacy), and added our new town and the date at the bottom.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Very nice. Love the changes!

Shelleen said...

it looks great and love the changes that you made