Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Ornie for October.

For October, I finished an ornament I started in February. This the Blackwork poinsettia by Lynne Herzberg from the December 2006 issue of The Gift of Stitching.

As usual, I used none of the recommended supplies. Instead, I used:

DMC 115 (red)
Watercolours Emerald
Mill Hill beads 02011

Other changes include:

Only one strand for backstitching the flower
Five beads instead of nine
Not backstitching the outer border

Since the DMC is variegated, I stitched with two loaded needles to complete the holbein stitches for the petals. The fabric is 28 count Queen Anne's Lace jobelan.

I am plotting my next ornament for the November SAL and planning a finishing frenzy in early December. I've really enjoyed participating in this blog. I think I've stitched roughly 14 ornaments this year thanks to this SAL!


Patty said...

Wow, that really looks great! Nice job, Holley!

Ruth said...

Holley, that turned out stunning. I might need to pull that pattern out and try it myself! Great work!!!!!!

Lynne said...

Holly it looks wonderful !!! I love the varigated green! Thank you for your wonderful stitching.