Thursday, January 24, 2008

Some works in progress

I've been working on a few different ornaments - it's nice to have smaller projects for my shorter attention span!

My DH and I are HUGE Dallas Cowboys fans, and every year, we try to add another Cowboys ornament to our growing collection. I saw this one as a design on etsy.com and thought, "Hey, I could make that", so I made up a pattern and customized it for one of my DH's favorite players, Roger Staubach. It's not finished yet - I'm stitching on plastic canvas which is sheer torture to my fingers, so I only do a little each night.

And in case you were wondering, DMC 823 perfectly matches my blue Dallas Cowboys jersey. 415 is a pretty good approximation for the silver on the jersey as well. I had so much fun designing the Cowboys one, I made one for most of the rest of the teams (I still have a tiny grudge about the Patriots. LOL) If you want one, let me know and I will send a pattern to you.

I've also been working on some Princess ornaments, based on a free pattern I found on Cyberstitchers. My 5 year old niece is very into princesses, and ever since she heard my DH refer to me as "Princess", she calls me Princess Aunt Jenn. We also have a cousin who is a "Princess" herself, so I thought it would be fun for all three of us to have our own Princess ornaments! Here are 2 so far.

The pattern calls for small stitched stars, but I substituted some sequins and seed beads instead for the one on top. I might change it up a little for the second one, I'm not sure yet.

I've also been working on some ornaments for my Bride's Tree SAL, which you can see here.

7 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Yikes - yes, I agree plastic canvas is a bugger to work with but your finished result is going to be great fun! The Princess ornies are darling - how sweet.

Tanya

Jackie said...

Love the jersey. Illl reqest a copy.

Jackie

Patty said...

That's great, Jenn!

Carol R said...

Nice work Princess Jenn!

Anne said...

Very nice work.

glamlawlib said...

Great ornies, hope your fingers aren't so sore now!

mainely stitching said...

Nice stitching, Jennifer!