Sunday, April 29, 2007

Snow Bird

I've finished stitching one and a half ornaments this month to make up for my poor performance last month, but I'm only showing the finished one. It's Snow Bird by La-D-Da from the 2004 JCS ornament magazine. I actually had the recommended 36ct linen and thread, which was a minor miracle!


It's not finished finished as I didn't pack any fabrics or ribbons in the suitcase. I'm going to have a finishing frenzy later in the year when my stuff arrives.

Speaking of which - I was thinking of having a mid-year finishing weekend. Would anyone be interested in joining me? How does the first weekend of July sound?

9 comments:

tkdchick said...

Congratulations on finishing your ornament. I tend to do my finishing in batches since you have to drag everything out to do just one ornament.

Chelle said...

Sweet ornament! Congrats!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

The first weekend in July sounds perfect for a fury of finishing. I'm in and I will schedule the one at the shop that weekend too, we do one every quarter.

Carol said...

Beautiful:-) I had hoped to stitch this one this month, but did not have the Grecian Gold GAST handy... definitely hoping for May :-) Glad you are settling in well now!

cathymk said...

A lovely finish!
A finishing weekend is a great idea!

Redwitch said...

Great ornie, I'm trying to have a month in hand to finish, but I'm away the first week in July :( Hope you'll post a pic of all your finishes?

Ruth said...

Here's to successful minor miracles.... especially the ones on 36-count!

Holley said...

Very pretty bird!

I can't finish anything during the first weekend of July because we'll be travelling too. But I'll always cheer on the ones who are attempting to finish the ornies!

Rob said...

I love it! I will have to do it to keep my cardinal company.