Thursday, May 31, 2007

Celestial Santa



If I EVER get this posted it will be no small feat! I keep hitting a wrong key and backing completely out of my post! Anyway, here is Celestial Santa, by Pat Thode of HeartStrings/The Artists Collection. It doesn't look exactly the same as it does in the 2004 JCS Christmas Ornament issue because I received the materials to stitch it from a club I was in a few years ago. I ran completely out of the red and had to change the hat to blue, which I think gives him a more patriotic and less celestial look, LOL. He is more glittery IRL than in the scan, the bottom of his coat is stitched with a red metallic fiber blended into the GAST fiber, but it doesn't show in the scan very well. I like the overall look, though, and this fabric was dreamy to stitch on. I like the sort of denim-ish feeling it has. The bells don't ring, much to my 8 year old daughter's chagrin. He's kind of big, so I'm thinking of making him into a pillow. The quilt store in my neighborhood had a really cool dark blue fabric with stars on it last time I was in, I think I'll have to go back and get a cut of it.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute! I love him!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a fun santa!

Anonymous said...

I love him! Your fabric choice is wonderful.

Chelle said...

Great santa!