Sunday, February 10, 2008

My February Ornament


I just completed my February Ornament. It is called Cranberry Christmas, designed by Pamela Smith of Prairie Schooler. It can be found in the 2007 JCS Ornament edition magazine. I stitched this on 28ct Lambswool Jobelan. I made a couple of modifications to the the design. First I used DMC Ecru instead of white because I wanted a softer contrast. I replaced the date on the left of the fireplace and the letters ABC on the right of the fireplace with two emotions I associate with Christmas, Love and Joy. I added a forth stocking and finally I used beads instead of cross stitching the cranberries that are located within the greenery on the mantle piece. I will finish this ornament with either a green or red felt backing and matching ribbon hanger. This was a fun ornament to stitch once I decided on all the little modifications.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like the modifications, especially the beads. I think it adds a nice texture and a little more visual interest to the ornament.

Karin said...

I love seeing everyone's ornaments in the blog, and I'm always finding new ornaments to stitch as a result - this one is no exception.