Monday, January 01, 2007

Anticipating the First SAL

My own list seems to grow every day. I'm closing in on thirty ornaments to stitch and I still haven't found all my ornament designs. Do you think this would be a good excuse for buying TW's Twelve Days of Christmas or the Christmas Collection so that I can get the Byzantine Ornaments?

I've made a list of designs I want to stitch from the Gift of Stitching and the JCS 2006 Ornament Issue. I also have quite a few Christmas freebies saved to my computer. When I find the rest of my stash, I'm certain I will add many more to my list. Umm, will we be doing this in 2008 too?

At the moment, I am leaning toward making some Drawn Thread Keepers into ornaments. I found them in the freebies post at the HAED BB. They look cute and quick to stitch. I can easily get the DMC at the nearby Pat Catan's or I could find the Weeks and GAST at my not so LNS. Plus the keepers have instructions on finishing them. That is a huge help to me because I am great with stitching, not so good with actually finishing things.

Hmmm. Maybe I need to buy some Ornament finishing books as well.....

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Holley - I think it's a great excuse for buying the 12 Days of Christmas! One year I plan to do these one per month (but not this year!)